Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Facebook

Options
  • 01-02-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi Guys I want to completely remove the Facebook app from my phone but it will only let me disable it...
    Do I need to root the phone to do this??
    I have Note 4

If I do have to root it does anyone have an recommendation on how to do it???

Cheers!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Are you sure?

Settings > apps > Facebook then uninstall

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

Ya i'm pretty sure it was installed when I got the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi Guys I want to completely remove the Facebook app from my phone but it will only let me disable it...
    I have Note 4

To root try wondershare mobilego. Its a one click root windows program. Don't know if it supports your phone but very handy if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I have Note 4

I wouldn't be bothered rooting just to fully get rid of Facebook TBH.
    Modifying the system partition on phones running Lollipop or Marshmallow can make updating the phone via OTA more difficult as the OTA installer verifies the integrity of the system on many devices before applying the update.

More trouble than it's worth in my opinion. Once disabled the FB app won't be active in any way. It won't user data by syncing, it won't seek to be updated from the Play Store and it won't appear on your app drawer.
    If you have no other reason to root then it's not worth doing for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

If I do have to root it does anyone have an recommendation on how to do it?
    I've a general recommendation. If you need to ask how to root your phone then you probably shouldn't do it.

For all intents and purposes disabling Facebook is like uninstalling it.

• Advertisement

I only ask as I have read that even disabling it still causes it to drain battery...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I only ask as I have read that even disabling it still causes it to drain battery...

That can't be right, if its disabled its not running so I don't see how it could drain battery.

Where?

You Know what I think your right. I have re-read the article and it seems that disabling it does the same job..
    I would still like to root the phone though and get rid of the bloaltware

You Know what I think your right. I have re-read the article and it seems that disabling it does the same job..
    I would still like to root the phone though and get rid of the bloaltware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I was able to delete it from Xperia Z5 but with my old Note 3 it was Samsung bloat that you needed SU to remove. Best just to disable it unless you were going to root the phone anyway.

Rooting is simple enough. Plenty of instructions out there.

I would still like to root the phone though and get rid of the bloatware
    Start with the XDA forums then and when you feel comfortable enough with how the process works and what is involved go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Couldn't believe the difference removing facebook and messenger has made to my S5. Was struggling to get a full days usage out of the battery but now after removing them I have about 60% left every day. Downloaded Fast (3rd party facebook app) so still can access it when I want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Metal is a nice wrapper for Facebook and Twitter as well.

Advertisement