Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotless Esquire Network

Options
  • 01-02-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

I just finished watching this 10 episode series and really enjoyed it, lots of unusual storylines I've not seen before anywhere else and probably for good reason.

The article here sums it up nicely without giving away anything

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-st-review-spotless-20151116-column.html

I have a soft spot for Miranda Raison after watching her in 24 & Silk

Jean Bastiere (Marc-Andre Grondin) is a Frenchman living in London where his troubled frame of mind is reflected in his choice of profession: As proprietor of a forensic cleaning business, he spends his days mopping up after murders and suicides.

Although apparently good-hearted and happily married to Julie (Miranda Raison), with a nice home and two lovely kids, Jean is a man with secrets, including financial problems and an ongoing affair. This precarious balance between light and dark is upset by the appearance of his brother Martin (Denis Menochet, from "Inglourious Basterds.")

Martin has no such inner tension. A sloppy yet charming hedonist, he is also an unapologetic criminal who wears his nihilistic heart on his sleeve and arrives bearing the latest mess he's gotten himself into, a mess he needs Jean to clean up.
    And though Martin is the last person Jean wants to see at his door, the two share a violent and abusive past, including a climactic act that has created an inviolable bond. Through a series of expositional events handled more gracefully than normal for a story of this sort, Jean finds himself drawn into Martin's world, where his unique skill set draws the attention of local mobster Nelson Clay, a man who is surrounded by all manner of instantly intriguing thugs and played with genial intensity by "Downton Abbey's" Brendan Coyle.

Advertisement