Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online HACCP Plans

Options
  • 01-02-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi There

I was hoping someone with a food business would be able to help me with my query.
    Basically i have been told by few chefs that there are sites online which have sample HACCP Plans for chicken,beef etc that you can edit to suit your own business.
    I was hoping people on here would know these sites??
    I have HACCP Plans written down but find there bit messy and would prefer an online template which would look more professional.
    Im looking forward to here some replies.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi There

I was hoping someone with a food business would be able to help me with my query.
    Basically i have been told by few chefs that there are sites online which have sample HACCP Plans for chicken,beef etc that you can edit to suit your own business.
    I was hoping people on here would know these sites??
    I have HACCP Plans written down but find there bit messy and would prefer an online template which would look more professional.
    Im looking forward to here some replies.
    Thanks

None of them are worth a bean. If you've done a Haccp course then writing a plan should be of no issue to you whatsoever. If you haven't done the course, which you're required to do if you're handling food, then you shouldn't be near food anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8 and_e_says

fsai.ie have lots of info for food businesses with record sheets etc.
    Also via fsai.ie the food catering pack for €70 will suffice for a haccp plan.
    I had a planned HSE inspection last week in a new venture/business & had the catering pack on hand, the health inspector was satisfied that it held all the records, information & training required to constitute a haccp plan as long as I filled in the relevant blanks & tweak it to suit my business.
    Also it will depend on your level of food service/production, business type & size as to how much or how little paperwork you will need.

To get the official info it would be best to book an appointment with your local hse environmental health officer, i.e. health inspector.

PS it is not necessary to be haccp trained to be near food, its not a requirement...merely you need training in proper food handling & awareness which is available at many different levels from reading a booklet to off site training. It's quite acceptable for a kp to chop carrots as long as they have been signed off with regard to safe food handing by a suitable member of a kitchen team.

But as I mentioned above your local health inspector will have all the correct info.

Advertisement