Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Processing

Options
  • 01-02-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I've just come across about 15 old undeveloped films in my attic, does any know of any cheap ways of getting these developed. I was quoted €8 a roll which seems a tad steep.

Thanks,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

You may not get anything out of them if they have been in the atic for a long period of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,775 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, there'll be quite a variation in temp in the attic over the course of a year - down to -5 maybe in the winter, but it's the temperature on warm sunny days which will be the killer.

i'd get one processed first and see what the results look like before committing to the full fifteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

They will have degraded, sure, but they are still probably worth developing.
    I found a roll of film in an old camera a friend bought. Developed it at home and worked out it was from the 70s. Camera hadn't been used in that long but the film still held some cool shots.
    Chemist in Northside Shopping Centre used to do a great deal foe dev and scan on a bunch of five rolls of film.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fisher69

4 FOR POSTAGE!!! NO THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

You're unlikely to find a cheaper option than €5 per roll, for development and printing, and €4 to have the whole lot posted back to you.

That's scandalously good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Fisher69 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've just come across about 15 old undeveloped films in my attic, does any know of any cheap ways of getting these developed. I was quoted €8 a roll which seems a tad steep.

Thanks,

A

I think you should consider contacting the link in the second post, asking him about processing and scanning... not printing, it will be cheaper..
    Also ask him for an agreed price of processing only in case the films are destroyed.. just my 2c worth

Advertisement