Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summons for Possession of Cannabis & MDMA: what does this mean for me?

Options
  • 31-01-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I just received a summons for possession of weed and mdma. i was arrested before a festival at the start of summer by an undercover garda who caught me handing two pills and a minimal amount of grass to my friend. It was made clear that i wasn't supplying him, that i was only giving it to him to hide going through security of the festival...

what does this mean? I have applied to do an exchange to universities in America and Australia, and have no previous convictions or arrests. Im assuming if i get convicted i wont be able to go?

And what should be my course of action?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

As others will tell you organise a meeting with a solicitor to discuss your options.

Are you being summoned for possession/intent to supply or what's on the summons?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lee711

As others will tell you organise a meeting with a solicitor to discuss your options.

Are you being summoned for possession/intent to supply or what's on the summons?

im contacting my solicitor in the morning
    and possession, it says possession of cannabis on one sheet and possession of MDMA on another

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Threads about being caught with drugs at festivals are not allowed by forum charter.

Please read the forum charter before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement