Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Hong Kong €300 Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They seem to be pushing lots of really cheap flights lately. I'd say even the "error fare" to Japan in December was intentional. I got a return to Japan for about €100 more than that error fare but it's still about €400 less than the typical price on other airlines (only 2 hour wait for transfer in Istanbul too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is the cheaper flights lately down to the big drop in oil prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Hococop wrote: »

I flew to Cape Town via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines in early December. Couldn't fault them and Istanbul is a great airport - very smooth transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

mrcheez wrote: »
    They seem to be pushing lots of really cheap flights lately. I'd say even the "error fare" to Japan in December was intentional. I got a return to Japan for about €100 more than that error fare but it's still about €400 less than the typical price on other airlines (only 2 hour wait for transfer in Istanbul too)

How much did you pay and are they still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Proof that cheap ISIS oil is coming into Turkey.

/just kidding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'd say the cheap flights are due to the fact that nobody wants to fly into Turkey given the very unstable situation in that region. There was a terrorist attack in Istanbul on tourists just a couple of weeks ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No, they're down to a general economic slowdown worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Tusky wrote: »
    How much did you pay and are they still available?

About €400, but none still available for the dates I chose. Skyscanner.ie is a good way to find the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Coming up as 470 for me with everything included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Aye, there are some cheap flights out there alright.

Eurowings from Germany do some cheap great offers.

Flying long haul can be done on the cheap but really only useful for people who are time flexible.

Advertisement