Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishGenealogy.ie

Options
  • 31-01-2016 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Some of my CoI records are not scanned yet and have this added to the transcriptions:

"The church register page containing this record has not yet been imaged."

From this I take it that the record exists and just hasn't been scanned yet. I always check the records in the RCB Library anyway, as sometimes there is more information written in by the minister which is helpful. Does anyone know if IrishGenealogy are continuing to scan these records?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I haven't seen any new images added in a while. I doubt there's any money for it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks Pinky. I'll just keep visiting Churchtown so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Researchers here probably know this already but for newbies this is a heads up. I was searching for an O'Farrell on the Civil index. I couldn't get the result I was looking for on irishgenealogy.ie. However, when I searched for the same person just using their first names I found it. It turns out that the transcriber did not use the apostrophe so I would have found it first time had I entered OFarrell! I noticed it on other names as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

or try with a space instead

similar issue on FamilySearch for 'Mac' names - for some searches of the index or extracted civil records you need a to use a ' - e.g. M'Gowan

Advertisement