Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Terry Wogan Dies aged 77

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

RIP Sir Terry Wogan. I used to like his sunday show it was very good.

BBC R2 are doing a show now for Sir Terry Wogn a tribute to Sir Terry Wogan. Mark Goodier is doing a show from 9.05 to 11 am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Mr Snow wrote: »
    RIP Sir Terry Wogan. I used to like his sunday show it was very good.

BBC R2 are doing a show now for Sir Terry Wogn a tribute to Sir Terry Wogan. Mark Goodier is doing a show from 9.05 to 11 am

RIP Sir Terry, a legendary broadcaster respected by all.

The tribute show on BBC Radio 2 will continue after 11 with Richard Madeley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,917 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

RIP.
    Was never my cup of tea, but I didn't actually dislike the man and found him inoffensive in his slightly rogueish way.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I would have become familiar with Terry Wogan from his television work, but I did hear him very occasionally on BBC Radio 2. I also heard him on Century Radio on Saturday mornings - must have been 1990. I wonder how many remember that gig?!

Terry was a natural and, undoubtedly, one of the greats in broadcasting. I have fond memories of him with his own chat show on BBC1, presenting Blankety Blank and his Eurovision Song Contest coverage. Whenever I did hear him on radio, he was entertaining and easy on the ear and he did it so effortlessly.

He is a sad loss not just for those reasons, but also because he was a lovely person. R.I.P. Terry Wogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Hi Declan,
    Remember the Century broadcasts. From what I can recall he commented on the weather on one edition ( it was pre-recorded ) but his observations were totally at variance with the climate in Dublin on the day of broadcast. The BBC Radio 2 show I heard a few times plus his afternoon broadcasts which were simulcast on BBC Radio 1 & 2 in the early years of both networks.
    REST IN PEACE Terry

I would have become familiar with Terry Wogan from his television work, but I did hear him very occasionally on BBC Radio 2. I also heard him on Century Radio on Saturday mornings - must have been 1990. I wonder how many remember that gig?!

Terry was a natural and, undoubtedly, one of the greats in broadcasting. I have fond memories of him with his own chat show on BBC1, presenting Blankety Blank and his Eurovision Song Contest coverage. Whenever I did hear him on radio, he was entertaining and easy on the ear and he did it so effortlessly.

He is a sad loss not just for those reasons, but also because he was a lovely person. R.I.P. Terry Wogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I would have known terry wogan more from his tv work then his radio work but knew of his very successful BBC radio 2 show. 8 million viewers is no mean feat in radio.

RIP terry Wogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

And if you ever need to remind yourself how good Terry Wogan was, on radio, weaving listeners' letters and his own wit together seamlessly on air, have a listen to Marty Whelan around 9 am on Lyric FM.

His excruciating, unfunny and embarrassing Hugo letters are an attempt to channel the spirit of Wogan. It is, of course, a massive fail.

There was only one Wogan. And Whelan ain't close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

This is a link to his final radio show only on 8th Nov last, though the audio is not available:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06mzf3b

A lot of the reports of Terry's death do not mention that he was on BBC Radio 2 for the last 5/6 years, since he finished the breakfast show in 2009

He was one of a kind..may he rest in peace..Chris Evans did a great tribute on Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭Infoanon

He was one of a kind..may he rest in peace..Chris Evans did a great tribute on Monday morning.

Still available to listen to - well worth a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Michael Ball to take over Wogan’s weekend slot From Sunday 10th April Michael will move from Sunday evenings to Sunday mornings 11 till 1pm with a new show entitled The Michael Ball Show.

A new addition to the Saturday night schedule is The Craig Charles House Party from 22.00 – 00.00, which follows his 6 Music Funk and Soul Show which is on-air from 18.00 – 21.00.

Sounds of the 80s, presented by Sara Cox, will move to Fridays from 22.00 – 00.00 (from Saturday 22.00 – 00.00) from Friday 15 April

Mr Snow wrote: »
    Michael Ball to take over Wogan’s weekend slot From Sunday 10th April Michael will move from Sunday evenings to Sunday mornings 11 till 1pm with a new show entitled The Michael Ball Show.

A new addition to the Saturday night schedule is The Craig Charles House Party from 22.00 – 00.00, which follows his 6 Music Funk and Soul Show which is on-air from 18.00 – 21.00.

Sounds of the 80s, presented by Sara Cox, will move to Fridays from 22.00 – 00.00 (from Saturday 22.00 – 00.00) from Friday 15 April

another TV person on BBC R2 :(

BBC Radio 2 documentary about Terry, on this Sunday at 9pm.

Advertisement