Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED indicator lights

Options
  • 29-01-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I have a 2010 Audi A4, The led indicator lights is fused, went to halfords to get it replaced but advised halfords dont do led lights anymore.

Contacted Audi and they are quoting me 134 for the light supplied and fitted which I think is madness..... anyone else have this prob or know anywhere cheaper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what exactly are you looking for, which indicator is it? is id just a bulb you need?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    what exactly are you looking for, which indicator is it? is id just a bulb you need?

Hey looking to know anywhere that will do a better deal.

It's the LED mirror indicater that's needing replaced

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

If the LED in the indicator is just an LED version of a traditional filament bulb fitting (w5w also known as t10 also known as 501, for example) then you should be able to get it handy enough. Even from Halfords. There was a communication problem somewhere because they still do LED w5w / 501 bulbs amongst others.

If it's a custom module (LED, LED driver circuitry, reflector + lens) specifically for that car or maybe a few other Audis - so you won't be able to get it off the shelf in Halfords or a motor factors.

Could you describe your problem in more detail? One indicator not working, no indicators working? Front, rear? Right/left? Is there actually a fuse blown?

Edit.......... ah, I see, I should have saved myself time and typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Take the part off the car, find the part number which will be something like 8L0 901 605D. Put tht into Google and see what suppliers pop up.

If it's a common problem I'd bet there is a user guide to fix it or replace it on an audi forum somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Find a working one from a scrap yard, though they will probably want to sell you the entire mirror if it's still intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

There really should be a long warranty on led light modules. The led itself will outlive the car in most cases, but it's no good without driver circuitry and weather protection that will also last that long.

If they can't make them last 8? 10? Years they really should reduce the cost of replacing them or just stick with filament bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

some of them crack from things hitting the mirror casing

I think the part alone is about €45 but the rest is an hours labour as it's not very straightforward. think main dealers have a minimum charge of an hour.

maybe just get a price for the part only and get an indie mechanic to put it in

Thanks for the help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

I have a 2010 Audi A4, The led indicator lights is fused, went to halfords to get it replaced but advised halfords dont do led lights anymore.

Contacted Audi and they are quoting me 134 for the light supplied and fitted which I think is madness..... anyone else have this prob or know anywhere cheaper?

Thanks
    Join an Audi forum,members will put you right, I did ref my Honda,saved me money/time

• Advertisement
Advertisement