Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help can't get television coverage

Options
  • 29-01-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hoping someone, anyone can help me; we recently moved into to a new house (well a really old house completely renovated) and I have spent the last 5-6weeks trying to get a television provider. I have tried the following companies with the following responses:
    EIR - do not have fibre broadband in my area so they cannot provide EIR vision TV
    SKY - as house is surrounded by trees they cannot get a good enough signal max signal is 50% which they say is not sufficient
    Virginmedia - they do not provide services to my area
    Vodafone - do not provide services in my area
    Can anyone please give me some advice on wether there is a cable / aerial TV service that I could possibly use. Can anyone advise me on Saorview/freeview services and whether that would work for us; my house is in the Dublin east coast area. I am desperate at this point; I'm finding it hard to accept that in this day and age I cannot get a television service. Are there providers/companies you would recommend I talk to? Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much

Comments

I'd suggest you try an independent satellite installer rather than going to Sky directly. They might be able to locate the dish elsewhere or use a larger dish. Sky installers are very restricted as to where they can put the dish. The fact you're getting some semblance of a signal is a good sign.

North Dublin can get a Freeview signal from Northern Ireland but you'd need to get a professional aerial installer with local knowledge. It's not always possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can you cut down the trees or perhaps put the dish beyond the trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's a dish pointer augmented reality app that shows the satellite on your phone screen so you can see if it's blocked by trees all over your site or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I would definitely get an independent out to evaluate the dish location. They might be able to mount it on a pole or somewhere where sky wouldn't.

Search adverts.ie or donedeal.ie there are loads of installers advertising.

Advertisement