Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Price Register Pre 2010

Options
  • 29-01-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Anyone know where you can find a price list for houses sold pre 2010?I can only find list online thats go back the last 5 years.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

You can't. It starts at 2010. You might find some old asking prices in some archived newspaper sites etc. But not a reliable data source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You can't go back past 2010, when I was buying they kept delaying the release of the PPR and then when it launched it only goes back as far as 2010, the synic in me says it a ploy to hide losses and prop up house prices. If the house was advertised before google the address and see if you get any hits for the property pin or clopso.net.

If you are looking at a house always google the address I can show you one in shankill that is with it's third agent!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Annoyingly you only get this information when you're about to buy the house. Then you get to see the folio (?) which shows what the previous owner paid for it.

Makes you feel a little bit sick when you put down €300k on a house and you see that the other guy originally bought it for IEP£25k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

seamus wrote:
    Annoyingly you only get this information when you're about to buy the house. Then you get to see the folio (?) which shows what the previous owner paid for it.
    I dont think every folio has a price paid, but you can get basic folio anytime you want, it cost only fiver. So if you really really want it, you could check it. Wont be cheap if you decided to check the whole estate, or street, plus a lot will be very old prices, which is kind a irrelevant to nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

seamus wrote: »

Makes you feel a little bit sick when you put down €300k on a house and you see that the other guy originally bought it for IEP£25k :D

So when you buy a house you get to see what the previous price the seller paid? I better get a sick back so if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

seamus wrote: »

Folio has the previous mortgage burdens on it not the full price. Even then my folio doesn't have a price against my mortgage.

Also, not everywhere used land registration until recently and so on. The only burden shown on mine before is the 1997 buyer (£47,000 mortgage which with inflation isn't massively less than mine in 2012 and I've no idea of deposits); a 2003 buyer paid cash and the god knows how many people owned it from 1972 to 1997 aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Not the same but

http://www.collapso.net/

You get asking prices back to 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Not the same but

http://www.collapso.net/

You get asking prices back to 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

flintash wrote: »
    I dont think every folio has a price paid, but you can get basic folio anytime you want, it cost only fiver. So if you really really want it, you could check it. Wont be cheap if you decided to check the whole estate, or street, plus a lot will be very old prices, which is kind a irrelevant to nowadays

Apols for crashing this thread - flintash - where do you apply for a copy of the folio - can you do it online or do you have to go into the council council for that particular area? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

justagirl wrote: »
    Apols for crashing this thread - flintash - where do you apply for a copy of the folio - can you do it online or do you have to go into the council council for that particular area? Thanks!

The land registry holds them. They will tell you to look at their site. But I have looked up houses on the site and they are often missing chunks of areas.

They will explain the process if you call them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

newacc2015 wrote: »
    The land registry holds them. They will tell you to look at their site. But I have looked up houses on the site and they are often missing chunks of areas.

They will explain the process if you call them

Houses which have not changed hands since compulsary registration are not guaranteed to have a folio; if they don't it won't be on the site

www.landdirect.ie

Advertisement