Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: 10 Speed Road wheels

Options
  • 28-01-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm looking for a set of wheels to upgrade my bike, its stock wheels were only a 7 speed hub so they are no use as I'm looking to upgrade to a 10 speed system.

I'm not fussy on the wheels once they aren't too heavy so say <2000g a pair.
    Also i'd be hoping for a good bit of life left in the wheels.

thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Tobin15 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a set of wheels to upgrade my bike, its stock wheels were only a 7 speed hub so they are no use as I'm looking to upgrade to a 10 speed system.

thanks again

Mavic Kysrium SLS, 1300gs ish. No cassette no tyres. 400e

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

I'm looking for a set of wheels to upgrade my bike, its stock wheels were only a 7 suupeed hub so they are no use as I'm looking to upgrade to a 10 speed system.

thanks again

You looking for something reasonable or high end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

thanks again

I have a set of Fulcrum 7s, they're about 1800g the pair, plenty of life left in them though the bearings are a bit wobbly front and rear and need tightening. Based in Dublin/north Kildare. €60

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Do yourself a favour and buy a new set of mavic askiums. Should get them for 150 either in lbs or chain reaction.
    They are cheap, rock solid and reasonably light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I've a brand new set of Shimano RS10's for €90 or a brand new set of RS21's for €130 if you're interested? Dublin 18 (close to N11/M50). I can also provide a set of brand new Conti Grand Prix 24c folding tyres, new tubes and a lightly used 105 11-28 cassette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lewotsil

Similar to Paul I also have a set of RS10s .......they are not brand new (bought circa last June) but not used since Sept - they are as good as new - Id say 7/800kms on them and they are true.

Reason: I recently upgraded to 11 speed. Price €80

Pretty sure I an donate a lightly used 9 speed Tiagra cassette as well - maybe even chain

Sorry OP - I just realised you are looking for 10 speed ! Meant to say - Im living Northside, working southside could arrange collection either or in between

Not sure why I could not edit my post above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I've a brand new set of Shimano RS10's for €90 or a brand new set of RS21's for €130 if you're interested? Dublin 18 (close to N11/M50). I can also provide a set of brand new Conti Grand Prix 24c folding tyres, new tubes and a lightly used 105 11-28 cassette.

Paul
    offer €100 for the RS21 on inspection

I can collect tonight.

ok RS21's are gone I hear

Paul
    I will offer €75 for the RS10's

Again I can collect tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

De Bhál wrote: »
    ok RS21's are gone I hear

Paul
    I will offer €75 for the RS10's

Again I can collect tonight.

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to hold out for asking on these as they're a decent wheel and I'll use them myself at some stage.

You can get them from Merlin with free delivery for not much more. They also seem to be a new version as they're 10/11 speed compatible and I think mine are only 10-speed!

• Advertisement

No bother, thanks.

Hi De Bhal - I will take €75 for my set of RS10s ?

Lewotsil wrote: »
    Hi De Bhal - I will take €75 for my set of RS10s ?

what colour are they?

BLACK

Sounds good
    €60
    Can look at them tomorrow evening. I'm Dublin northside based.

65 and we have a deal?

PM me for details

Lewotsil wrote: »
    65 and we have a deal?

PM me for details

€60 final offer

I can get new ones for €95.

Ok, Fair point - I thought they were 100-110 ....stg/€ rates must be closing !

PM me for details

Advertisement