Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24-pack Weetabix for €1

Options
  • 28-01-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

24pack Weetabix only €1 in Centra from 28th - 30th January.
    That's a bargain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This & the fact that Aldi sell 36 for €2.09 show how Weetabix are so ridiculously overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Slightly O/T but....

I was in my local Centra today, and on an end-of-aisle specials section, emblazoned with "Better Than Half Price" banners, was a bog-standard-looking box of Rice Krispies for €3 :eek:

Weetabix for a quid sounds alright though!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

in centra fairview they have a small box of milk tray for like 15 euro, next to it is milk tray twice the size(well it looks twice the size) for 7 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Discodog wrote: »
    This & the fact that Aldi sell 36 for €2.09 show how Weetabix are so ridiculously overpriced.

I don't care what anyone says, there is a massive difference in actual Weetabix and the Lidl / Aldi alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Limited to 3 per customer in my lcal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

TheDriver wrote: »

Shur that's only one breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

TheDriver wrote: »

Not in my local! You can take as many as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Soarer wrote: »
    Shur that's only one breakfast!

Its not shredded wheat you're talkin':pac:

I don't care what anyone says, there is a massive difference in actual Weetabix and the Lidl / Aldi alternatives.

I have eaten Weetabix since childhood & I have four for breakfast. I would never of bought the fakes until someone posted here that, whilst the Lidl ones aren't good, the Aldi version is just like Weetabix.

I agree. They are so close that I even ended up putting two of each in a bowl & I could hardly tell which was which. It's a well known fact that breakfast cereals have huge profit margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Got to agree with you there - I've tried all the own brands one and they're all horrible. I suspect Lidl/Aldi know this - why else do they stock branded Weetabix when they don't stock many/any other branded cereals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also - why does nobody sell a knock off of Shredded Wheat? (Lidl do a version of Mini Shredded Wheats but nobody does the full size version, which is totally overpriced for the branded version)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Have to disagree here. I have 2 of the aldi ones every morning and there's dam all difference.

However, I do agree that the lidl ones are muck.

digitaldr wrote: »
    Got to agree with you there - I've tried all the own brands one and they're all horrible. I suspect Lidl/Aldi know this - why else to they stock branded Weetabix when they don't stock many/any other branded cereals.

+1 our 2 y/o even knows the real thing from the knock offs, will spit the own brand ones out and give us a dirty look if we try to give her them :D

Hat tip to OP we stocked up in centra and the wee one enjoyed her real weetabix and banana this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gaz123

Thanks OP. Picked up a few boxes there

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Thanks op, genuine bargain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Discodog wrote: »
    I have eaten Weetabix since childhood & I have four for breakfast. I would never of bought the fakes until someone posted here that, whilst the Lidl ones aren't good, the Aldi version is just like Weetabix.

I agree. They are so close that I even ended up putting two of each in a bowl & I could hardly tell which was which. It's a well known fact that breakfast cereals have huge profit margins.

Each to their own.
    For me nothing comes close enough to the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd agree the non brand ones are awful even the Aldi ones, I dunno everyones tastebuds are different but the non Weetabix weetabix are stink, Bought 5 boxes in Centra too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

The Supervalu ones are fair tack! Who on earth gave the go ahead to them? The Aldi ones are fine. I was at the end of a box and mixed a Weetabix with an Aldi one and I was hard pushed to tell the difference. I'd say a lot of people try one of the poorer ones and write them all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

I agree, the Aldi ones are very nice. Not much difference between the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

south wrote: »
    I agree, the Aldi ones are very nice.

Weetabix ,nice ?
    I always thought it tasted like cardboard .:D
    I switched to Shreddies years ago of which Aldi do a very good knock off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ted Id love a pop tart

The Supervalu ones are fair tack! Who on earth gave the go ahead to them? The Aldi ones are fine. I was at the end of a box and mixed a Weetabix with an Aldi one and I was hard pushed to tell the difference. I'd say a lot of people try one of the poorer ones and write them all off.

Thanks lads. I was beginning to think that my taste buds had failed. A lot of people wouldn't taste the difference & it's a big saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Aldi ones are pretty damn close. I prefer the wax paper the real ones come in though. Stupid plastic wrap on the Aldi ones gets in my tits.

I'm on a porridge buzz at the moment so I'll pass on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Have to agree the Lidl version are dire defo like cardboard. Have half a box of them sitting in the press and being the skinflint that I am, am wondering what I can do with them other than bin them!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated :(........ sorry off topic I know......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yeah, the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I genuinely prefer the Aldi ones but thats a great price alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

stimpson wrote: »
    Aldi ones are pretty damn close. I prefer the wax paper the real ones come in though. Stupid plastic wrap on the Aldi ones gets in my tits.

I'm on a porridge buzz at the moment so I'll pass on these.

Aldi do a great porridge knock off also...really do taste like the real thing ;-)

Seriously though I do fine the Aldi porridge to be spot on, nice price too

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/award-winners/great-taste-award-winners-2013/great-taste-2013-products-detail-page/ps/p/premium-porridge-oats/

However I wouldn't buy the Lidl large oats again, not to my personal liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Ah yeah the brilliant offers that Centra/ Spar/ Mace have. Trouble is go into the shop and they dont have any on the shelf. They had none in my local Centra early yesterday anyway. Their ploy didn't work with me anyway. I walked straight out again without buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

biebiebie wrote: »
    Aldi do a great porridge knock off also...really do taste like the real thing ;-)

I honestly can't taste the difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dr Robert

biebiebie wrote: »

Seriously though I do fine the Aldi porridge to be spot on, nice price too

However I wouldn't buy the Lidl large oats again, not to my personal liking.

Aldi do a lovely organic porridge.

Once you have it you won't go back to that one you mentioned.

The price difference isn't massive either

Advertisement