Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YAS-105 Soundbar - £101.48 / €133.27 on Amazon UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have the next model up with wireless sub. Superb piece of kit. The app is great too, can switch the sound profile from Game --> Movie etc.

Yeah I was looking for an entry level sound bar as well. However the reviews for this on Amazon US aren't that great. All the budget soundbars seem to be rubbish (going by the reviews).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I have the next model up with wireless sub. Superb piece of kit. The app is great too, can switch the sound profile from Game --> Movie etc.

have the wireless one too - what app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have the 105 and its a very decent piece of kit, its obviously not going to give you that full surround sound package, you gotta dig deep for that but I got it because the speakers on my Samsung TV are so poor.

So I got it with the aim of improving the voice (particularity in games) and also the depth of the sound to try and remove that tinny sound you get from TVs because they are so thin these days.

And it does its job very well, voice clarity is very good and the bass in the sound is excellent. I have it in a small room but watching movies has been vastly improved and it is excellent to play music through.

At €135 its a bargain and I'd go for it if you want to improve your TV's sound just don't be expecting all out surround sound experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

At €135 its a bargain and I'd go for it if you want to improve your TV's sound just don't be expecting all out surround sound experience.

Reviews seemed to mirror your experience overall, so I pulled the trigger on it yesterday

Expired now unfortunately, have asked Mods to mark it as such.

Advertisement