Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooted/Knox tripped Samsung - big issue when selling?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just curious. I'm selling a phone at the moment and someone mentioned to me tripped Knox would turn a lot of people off. I have cyanogenmod currently on it. I plan on returning it to standard once the replacement arrives but is it really that big an issue when selling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

I'm just curious. I'm selling a phone at the moment and someone mentioned to me tripped Knox would turn a lot of people off. I have cyanogenmod currently on it. I plan on returning it to standard once the replacement arrives but is it really that big an issue when selling?

Depends on how well people know their phones. It wouldn't bother me but then I rooted mine pretty much on day one of getting the phone. Of course someone who doesn't know what rooting is might think you've summoned the Antichrist but how they gonna know how to check.

I think there were some negative connotations in the beginning because people feared it would void their warranty but that's not the case in Europe, as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Dunno about a private seller but just a heads up if you sell to a shop. A well known exchange shop in Dublin I usually sell my old phones to, refused to buy my rooted Note 3. (I didn't put anything on it but deleted lots of bloat). I obviously tripped the Knox counter but the phone was over two years old by the time I tried to sell it anyway.

I just assumed they'd put the stock rom back on themselves but they refused. Anyway, I did it myself and they bought it.

If I was buying a second hand phone, personally I wouldn't care but best to let buyers know.

Advertisement