Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Blueface to Virgin?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

I've been with Blueface for a few years now but latest offers from virgin work out a bit cheaper, I have the Seimens C46/C460 handsets & base which worked flawlessly with blueface so I was wondering if I can continue to use them with Virgin? I recall using my pc to connect to the Seimens configuration interface & setup the Blueface settings so Im assuming Id have to do the same for Virgin deleting the Blueface settings first of course. I haven't switched yet & need to make sure my Seimens equipment will work, Virgin do actually supply a Seimens phone for €30 which seems to be just a newer model than mine but I don't want to spend money I don't have to....any information appreciated....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭lotas

is this a virgin business package? cause, unless something changed, they dont give out the VoIP Settings to residential customers... I have their service, but its a POTS line out of the back of the modem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

lotas wrote: »
    is this a virgin business package? cause, unless something changed, they dont give out the VoIP Settings to residential customers... I have their service, but its a POTS line out of the back of the modem...

Still trying to get a answer from Virgin, I rang their tech support & got a nice mannerly guy from manila but he didn't know much except referring me to their FAQ page:mad: need to get a local tech support guy who can actually answer questions instead of reading scripts from their website which I can do myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

lensman wrote: »
    Still trying to get a answer from Virgin, I rang their tech support & got a nice mannerly guy from manila but he didn't know much except referring me to their FAQ page:mad: need to get a local tech support guy who can actually answer questions instead of reading scripts from their website which I can do myself.

You can try the Talk to: Virging they might give you the answer, but as lotas mention I do not think they give sip details to customer users.

There was another thread started by lotas a few months back talking about possible settings but none work.

Let us know if you get any info from Virging, if not on the thread maybe by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have done this with another Siemens handset (can't say which cos I'm at work - it's really old though).

Basically you don't need the VoIP settings at all. The VoIP interface is handled by the router/modem. You plug your base station into the RJ45 connector on the modem (or horizon box I guess) and it operates as a standard fixed line handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

seamus wrote: »
    I have done this with another Siemens handset (can't say which cos I'm at work - it's really old though).

Basically you don't need the VoIP settings at all. The VoIP interface is handled by the router/modem. You plug your base station into the RJ45 connector on the modem (or horizon box I guess) and it operates as a standard fixed line handset.
    **UPDATE**
    That seems to concur with what I was told yesterday, I was passing a VM van yesterday & asked the guy about the phone installation, told him what phone & base I had ( Siemens gigaset c46 handset & c460 base unit) & he said "no problem, just plug in your existing base unit into the VM modem & the job is oxo, the base unit will then connect with your gigaset phone " happy days.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 christopher.sm

The problem with equipment (ATA and Phones) provided by Blueface is that they are locked to Blueface only. You cannot use them with other VOIP operators. You will need to buy a new handset and base.

Advertisement