Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sunitrac tyres any use?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Looking into replacing all 4 tyres and a local place is offering a great price on Sunitrac but I don't know anything about them. A quick look online gives good and bad reviews, just wondered if anyone has any experience with them?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would avoid... they're just run of the mill/poor cheap tires. Not much info online about them. How much are they, and what size are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

These are made in China
    You life is worth more than a set of cheap tyres if you ask me.
    Pay a bit more for a good set and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

size and price?
    usually if you haven't heard of them that arent any good!

before anyone jumps in. yes. there are exceptions sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I bet their slogan is: "Sunitrac, adequate traction for those warm sunny days."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would you use a Sunitrac condom if you went in to the chemist and the choice was Durex, Mates etc and then an unknown one you never heard off? As tyres are the only thing your car connects to the road with it's best to not be in doubt as to whether they are safe or not, go with a known brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Would you use a Sunitrac condom if you went in to the chemist and the choice was Durex, Mates etc and then an unknown one you never heard off? As tyres are the only thing your car connects to the road with it's best to not be in doubt as to whether they are safe or not, go with a known brand.

They actually make them, but they are called Sunibone :D
    They work better with wet conditions though
    Yeah stay away from those too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

They're sh*te

But its ultimately up to you if you want to get them or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Heres one use...

524129797_8b77fb591c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Marketing department:
    Hmm, what will we call them?