Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Motorhome back on the road

Options
  • 27-01-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I haven't had my Motorhome out in nearly 2 years. It's been in dry storage but no Test/Tax/Insurance.
    It's a Hymer C Class 6 Berth on a Ducato Chasis

On examination today all seems good apart from dead leisure and starter batteries.

I'm going to replace both of them.. any suggestions?

Also how about the insurance/tax/doe.. I guess I need insurance first then doe then tax? Is dolmen still my best bet ( was with them before)

Tyres seem good but will test them anyway.

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

You may have to pay for the missed CVRT before you get a new one and it will only be valid up to the date it normally expires. I would check when its renewal date is, if its close then I would wait. Give them a call to check i think. You cannot tax a vehicle without CRW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Two years sitting on them tyres won't do them any good, keep a close eye on them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

It would seem the insurance is not going to be as straightforward as before.

I haven't been insured for 2 years with Dolmen.
    My everyday drive is now a transit connect but they won't accept that. It needs to be a private car insurance.. I no longer own a car :(

Any idea if all companies eg stuarts have the same requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Try Richardsons insurance, they're a broker for Axa.
    http://www.richardsoninsurance.ie/schemes/campers/

Advertisement