Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three's 100GB and 250GB broad and plans

Options
  • 27-01-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people thought of these (what I assume are new) bill pay tariffs.

With 100GB and 250GB of 4G allowance on the top rates these are the biggest capacity *official* plans available by a long chalk.

Think the other operators will follow suit?

http://www.three.ie/eshop/broadband-plans/bill-pay-broadband/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

One major problem Three has at the moment is network capacity, such as Co. Donegal where users are seeing speeds dip below 200kbps on its 4G network, even with a full signal.

Rural WiFi looks like a better better option than going directly with Three, which uses Three's data 3G/4G network - It's €58/month, about the same price as Three's 100GB plan, but has a 30 day guarantee period compared to the normal 14 day cooling off period for taking up a contract online. Unlike Three, they claim to offer unlimited usage and no mention about a fair usage cap or excess usage charge in its T&C's, so I doubt they sting anyone with a massive bill. They loan their mains powered router using a €60 returnable deposit.

Vodafone recently added a 50GB plan, but charge a hefty €50/month for it. I'm surprised Meteor hasn't offered anything larger so far, as 30GB is quite puny. But then again, Meteor has the smallest 4G coverage, so probably don't want to swamp their 3G coverage areas with users on massive data plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

good to see higher/unlimited caps on mobile bb. Unfortunately the three network is completely congested.
    Never heard of the Rural Wifi crowd but if you are going to be on the three network anyway wouldnt you just be better off getting a prepay sim and availing of the unlimited data for €20/30days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If I thought three had the capacity then I'd think they are a great idea.

When three come out with a 100TB package I'll be ready to accept they might just have expanded capacity enough to provide 100GB in a month.

imo selling those packages with thee's current T&C's is nothing short of criminal. You could have a 6 month honeymoon when everything worked fine then another 12 months of three contract hell and nothing you can do about it, just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Scruff wrote: »
    .. wouldnt you just be better off getting a prepay sim and availing of the unlimited data for €20/30days?

You would.

Three have opted for quantity over quality, thats their network strategy and as Irish consumers are as tightfisted as they can be right now that works well for them.

We don't know the numbers of prepay users vs mobile bb/contract subscribers so hard to know if this will have a large impact or a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

can you use the "unlimited" e20 one in a midband router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

can you use the "unlimited" e20 one in a midband router?

Yes you can 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Does anyone know, if I topped up a 3 regular sim card by 20e.. In my phone handset. And then put it into my 3 modem, Would it work Or does the sim card need to be a specific broadband data sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

spongbob wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if I topped up a 3 regular sim card by 20e.. In my phone handset. And then put it into my 3 modem, Would it work Or does the sim card need to be a specific broadband data sim.

It works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

spongbob wrote: »

Itll work no problem Three don't really check what your using the sim in.

Advertisement