Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5X 16GB for 349 euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Is the 5X a good upgrade from a HTC One M7 at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭romperstomper

blastman wrote: »
    Is the 5X a good upgrade from a HTC One M7 at this price?

spend the extra and get the 32gb and then yes.

sent from my 32gb nexus 5x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Ah feck bought the 32GB on Amazon for €450 in December. Glad I got it though, the fingerprint sensor is sensational when combined with Lastpass (I used to be a sceptic on the fingerprint technology).

Google obviously were selling sweet nothing as Amazon was severely undercutting them, think the 32GB launched at €529 or something close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Huge mistake in the original pricing, these phones could have been best sellers if they launched around this level, whereas I'd say they sold hardly any of these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Bought the OnePlus2 last year & find it too heavy. The 5X is the perfect size/weight combo. Would love to replace OnePlus2 with one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

What's the battery life like on the 5X? Had a Nexus 4 a couple of years ago, a fantastic phone but the battery life was awful, I must say, heard similar things from friends who had the original Nexus 5. 2Gb of RAM would put me off slightly as well, the Nexus 4 had the same and that launched in late 2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Battery is supposed to be chronic on the 5X as well. Dunno why they dont put a decent battery into these things. I have an LG G2 which is generations old and the battery lasts 2 days easy on it. Had the nexus 4 prior to that and loved the phone but the battery barely lasted a day and the 5 seemingly was even worse so got the LG instead. Great phone but starting to get a little laggy now as it's so old.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Huge mistake in the original pricing, these phones could have been best sellers if they launched around this level, whereas I'd say they sold hardly any of these

i was going to buy the 6p until i seen the price, especially compared to the US. They really ripped the european market off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Zonda999 wrote: »
    What's the battery life like on the 5X? Had a Nexus 4 a couple of years ago, a fantastic phone but the battery life was awful, I must say, heard similar things from friends who had the original Nexus 5. 2Gb of RAM would put me off slightly as well, the Nexus 4 had the same and that launched in late 2012

Wow 5X has 2Gb of RAM? never noticed that...

Sounds like Google really made a balls of it... not competitive on RAM, ****e battery and overpriced.

Really looking forward to an affordable phone with 4Gb RAM and decent battery that is max 140 grams. Anybody know of one?

Advertisement