Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing in IT Companies...

Options
  • 27-01-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping to generate some conversation on this. I have a BComm, Masters in marketing and Diploma of marketing practice. I've been working in marketing in IT companies in Dublin for the last 5 and a half years and even though I've gained alot of experience, I find the whole IT marketing side of things extremely boring. Trying to go after the same contacts with the same campaigns all the time while getting no feedback from sales when there is a success. I've managed to gain new clients for my current company over the course of the different campaigns but it's very monotonous and it's the sales guys who get the credit at the end. I was just wondering is this the same for all marketing jobs? My passion is not in IT companies. I'd love to work in the sports marketing side of things and have reached out to companies in this space in the past but the only interviews I ever get called for are more IT companies because that's where my experience is. Should I just suck it up and accept that's where my career will be and to make the most of it?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What type of company do you work for? I do a similar job and love it. I do some of the internal marketing and strategy fro the sales guys to go to market with. If sports is your passion then try to break in there - marketing is marketing!

Advertisement