Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lecturer ACCA F6 Dublin

Options
  • 26-01-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am going to sit F6 in June and I don't t know which where to attend the course. Can anybody recommend/suggest any of the following lecturers?

Independent College: Sandra Gleason
    Griffin College: John McLaughlin
    City College: Mel Kilkenny

Really appreciate your help.
    Thanks

Gabry

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Gabbi wrote: »
    I am going to sit F6 in June and I don't t know which where to attend the course. Can anybody recommend/suggest any of the following lecturers?

Independent College: Sandra Gleason
    Griffin College: John McLaughlin
    City College: Mel Kilkenny

Really appreciate your help.
    Thanks

Gabry

Haven't had any of the above, I was about to recommend Julie Hawkins at DBS, but then remembered she only lecutres for P6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I had Sandra Gleeson for P6 and found her quite poor. Could be different for F6 however. Mel Kilkenny would certainly be the best regarded of the three you have named.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

I HIGHLY recommend Mel Kilkenny. Exceptional. His knowledge and notes are second to none and he really distils what you need to know down into bite size portions.
    Its been a couple of years since I did the exams but I have often regretted not holding onto his notes (changes in tax aside).
    Health warning: Mel will expect you to be on your game and spend some time studying his notes every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

Julie Hawkins dbs I got 76 with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

Dont think julie doing f6, she just concentrating on p6 it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Old news this stage, get the best lecturer, not the best practitioner. Mel and julie are the best. I got high marks with both, both excellent. Had dermot madden in institute of tax, he is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

OP asked about best lecturer. I had Mel. He was brilliant. I'm sure if you could see the pass rates for his students it would reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabbi

ACCA1916 wrote: »
    Old news this stage, get the best lecturer, not the best practitioner. Mel and julie are the best. I got high marks with both, both excellent. Had dermot madden in institute of tax, he is good too.

Hi,

Need to decide if attending the course with Mel or Dermot. To help me, how would describe their lecture style? As both good lectures which ones would you go for and why?
    Really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
    Gabbi

• Advertisement

Lecturer's are all about personal taste - one word of warning - no lecturer will get you through F6 exam, you have to put the work in yourself especially if you don't work in tax. Its tough exam and examiner for Irish variant is not too friendly. I liked Julie and Mel and Dermot, Dermot did a different course with, it wasn't acca, he is funny and a character, nice guy and good guy. Mel is different, very straight talker and no bull****.

Because tax is a subject that is vast and you need to know all rules quickly, Mel has a homework plan every week with small questions, this is ideal given that section a of exam is 30 marks MCQ - I recently sat the P6 exam and the short questions were a dream in learning and importantly revising

Advertisement