Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDoS attacks

Options
  • 26-01-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭

DDoS attacks on Irish websites have been increasing over the last few months, with Boards, An Post, Lottery and even government websites affected. Some of these sites (including Boards) have turned to a company named CloudFlare for protection. Non-techie version: once set up, all requests to a website are routed through CloudFlare's servers, which scan for strange behaviour, and which can (they say) actively exclude attackers while allowing legitimate users through - and they make the site faster too, by caching "static" content like pictures.

CloudFlare are expanding in Ireland: they opened a data center in Dublin in August 2015, the better to support local customers.

The timing of this launch, against the rising number of attacks ... coincidence? :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any way to prove it though, its easy to conjure allegations its another to substantiate them. Interesting thought however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Aye, there's the rub. My idea might be better classified as a conspiracy hypothesis, since a theory requires actual evidence of a connection. Perhaps it's a good thing that I don't work for them, if I get ideas like this ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bnt wrote: »
    Aye, there's the rub. My idea might be better classified as a conspiracy hypothesis, since a theory requires actual evidence of a connection. Perhaps it's a good thing that I don't work for them, if I get ideas like this ...
    If you can show us a picture of the CEO of cloudflare standing in front of curtains that makes it look like he's got devil horns coming out of his head, then we've got a link to the new world order.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

ScumLord wrote: »
    If you can show us a picture of the CEO of cloudflare standing in front of curtains that makes it look like he's got devil horns coming out of his head, then we've got a link to the new world order.

Or at least doing some masonic hand signals. The triangle, the 666 devil horns or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I think it was the illuminati lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement