Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound stopped working

Options
  • 26-01-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I fell asleep last night and I woke up and found my headphone cable had been bent inside the audio jack. I took it out easily and there were no bits after falling off it. However now, no sound is being played on my laptop through speakers but it does come through the jack.
    I tried restarting it, and checking for updates on the audio drivers and nothing worked.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You could try disabling audio device jack sensing here is a guide. Do check your audio drivers configuration also, it may offer the option to disable jack sensing.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Corkman64

No that did'nt work sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

You've damaged the contact inside the Jack port, no way back from that really, it's either put up with no speaker sound so you can still use your headphones,

Or attempt to pull out the contact that you've damaged inside the port maybe braking it all together.

Find out if the Jack is on the motherboard or not, you might be lucky and it will be a small board and won't cost much, I know a lot of the Dell's have a small IO board

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Corkman64

I have insurance cover with PC World that would probably cover it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Corkman64 wrote: »
    I have insurance cover with PC World that would probably cover it I'd say

I'm sure PCWorld will be only too happy to find a way out of fixing it for you.

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement