Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-files is back

Options
  • 26-01-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Having just watched the first episode of the new series of X-files and it looks like they're
    going to be taking all the illuminati conspiracy theories as the basis for their show. Aliens are out, new world order is in.

I'm looking forward to see where they go with it but I think we can expect a massive spike in conspiracy theories now that they have a new source of "evidence".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

It's just about to kick off on RTE now. Looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

I'm not watching yet, but is tonight the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where do I find this at.

I tried to watch the old series but I just can't. Starts off dry

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lol @
    Snowden
    reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So the conspiracy in the 2nd episode of x-files is that
    the US government are using alien DNA to make human/alien hybrids.
    They showed many children with well known genetic disorders, I don't know if they were supposed to be the result of the testing or just diversions for the real test subjects.

The main problem with this idea is one that's prevalent in US sci-fi, that is that evolution is an upward process, that we're evolving to be smarter and that part of that evolution will mean we'll get super powers like, telepathy and telekinesis as a side effect of having this big brain.

Of course this is a complete fallacy, animals adapt to their environment and if that means dumping mental processing power the evolutionary process will force that change. It even seems likely that homo sapiens weren't even the smartest hominid. Neanderthals had bigger brains on average, the main difference with humans was that we were sociable and traded items and ideas across great distances.
    Another problem is this idea that we can splice DNA from two species from two completely different planets and end up with a desirable result. That the DNA that evolved on another planet to a specific set of environmental cues will also work here on completely different life forms.
    It's like assuming that if I had telepathic powers to control humans that they'd also work just the same with dogs. Even though the two brains are very different, at best it would probably take months of acclimatization to the dog brain to even have some clue of whats going on in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I had high expectations for this and it didn't disappoint. Great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

im not sure what to make of it so far, its a decent story concept but there was a few stiff acting moments... especially between M&S on the porch scene at his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

What did everyone make of tonight's episode. It was completely different to the first two, I found it funny but couldn't take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

What did everyone make of tonight's episode. It was completely different to the first two, I found it funny but couldn't take it seriously.

Yeah at first I was like "dafuq?"

I thought it was stupid but I got a good laugh from it all the same. Mulder with the X-Files ringtone. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement