Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot Vacuum

Options
  • 26-01-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

Any experiences to share for a combination of Tiles / Hardwood / Carpet surface?

I have read some technical spec comparison websites but would love some real world feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭peter_dublin

Wegian wrote: »
    Hi,

Any experiences to share for a combination of Tiles / Hardwood / Carpet surface?

I have read some technical spec comparison websites but would love some real world feedback

Yep. Wooden Floors with several high rugs and tiles in some rooms like bathroom, kitchen etc. I have the LG Homebot and love it, it maps the rooms using a camera and as such is much smarter than the likes or romba etc.

As an example it can be under my desk in the far corner of my bedroom on the far side of the bed from the door and it will come back around the bed, never under, out the door, down the long hall, into the sitting room which is L shaped, around the sitting room, through the kitchen and into the utility to dock itself.

When it encounters carpet it will engage turbo mode which doubles the suction and it uses a combination of a sweeping side arms and a rotating bush as per a Dyson carpet head to pick up the material. Finally it has a microfibre mop underneath to shine the floors.

Really is the best bit of kit we bought, the big Dyson is hardly ever used and we have it scheduled to run daily while at work.

Bad things:
    It will get caught on any cable on the floor and will need to be rescued.
    It doesn't empty itself.
    Things like chair legs will get bumped into as they become invisible to the sensors from certain angles. No a big deal just something to note.

Any other questions just ask. I did a stupid amount of research on this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Yep. Wooden Floors with several high rugs and tiles in some rooms like bathroom, kitchen etc. I have the LG Homebot and love it, it maps the rooms using a camera and as such is much smarter than the likes or romba etc.

As an example it can be under my desk in the far corner of my bedroom on the far side of the bed from the door and it will come back around the bed, never under, out the door, down the long hall, into the sitting room which is L shaped, around the sitting room, through the kitchen and into the utility to dock itself.

When it encounters carpet it will engage turbo mode which doubles the suction and it uses a combination of a sweeping side arms and a rotating bush as per a Dyson carpet head to pick up the material. Finally it has a microfibre mop underneath to shine the floors.

Really is the best bit of kit we bought, the big Dyson is hardly ever used and we have it scheduled to run daily while at work.

Bad things:
    It will get caught on any cable on the floor and will need to be rescued.
    It doesn't empty itself.
    Things like chair legs will get bumped into as they become invisible to the sensors from certain angles. No a big deal just something to note.

Any other questions just ask. I did a stupid amount of research on this :-)

Great feedback thanks.
    What is the limit of the size of the dirt your unit can pick up, have you noticed any limit?
    How does the On/Off time work - Do you program it to work for x amount of time while you are out of the house?
    Does it cover all of the floor and move from room to room and do you need to program it to cover the areas you want?

I'll be thinking about this so I'm sure I will have more questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭peter_dublin

Wegian wrote: »
    Great feedback thanks.
    What is the limit of the size of the dirt your unit can pick up, have you noticed any limit?
    How does the On/Off time work - Do you program it to work for x amount of time while you are out of the house?
    Does it cover all of the floor and move from room to room and do you need to program it to cover the areas you want?

I'll be thinking about this so I'm sure I will have more questions!!

It's picks up anything your normal hoover will and we treat it as such, so obviously it won't pick up a full biscuit. For example it eats lego no problem.

The timer is the time it starts, it will continue until it has hoovered the entire house, it sees the house as one large map, it doesn't see rooms, the map looks basically like an floor plan of the house but the hombot doesn't understand the concept more than it knows were it's base is on the map and works out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Nickypicky

how often does this need to be emptied?

Nickypicky wrote: »
    how often does this need to be emptied?
    I would imagine that it depends on how dusty the house in the first place.
    As a wild guess, as often as the bag in your current model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement