Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Had a fall Got a bill

• 25-01-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hi all hope you can help me with this

had a fall on holiday there about a fortnight ago on piste. woke up in the Ambulance taken to hospital. I appear to have a bill from I assume the ski patrol as it is on ski welt headed paper any suggestions as to how I pay this?

Do I pay it and claim from my travel insurance?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I would contact travel insurance ASAP as I know some have a limited time you have to claim with in (31 days for my crowd). Most policies have an excess and you pay the bill and claim against them for what ever they will cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭mgkelly

Rew wrote: »
    I would contact travel insurance ASAP as I know some have a limited time you have to claim with in (31 days for my crowd). Most policies have an excess and you pay the bill and claim against them for what ever they will cover.

31 days for my crew, too.
    Probably should contact the company.
    Probably a case of pay then claim back.
    Must've been a bad fall to waken up in back of an ambulance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

sheesh, First off hope you are ok, and recovering. I would get in touch with your insurance straight away and have them talk you through the claims process straight way.

Also contact who ever issued the letter, someone one speak english and explain the process. Of there was a third party involved? If so get in touch there too, just to make sure there are no further surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Thanks everyone. I have contacted the insurance agency and will see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

sheesh wrote: »
    Hi all hope you can help me with this

had a fall on holiday there about a fortnight ago on piste. woke up in the Ambulance taken to hospital. I appear to have a bill from I assume the ski patrol as it is on ski welt headed paper any suggestions as to how I pay this?

Do I pay it and claim from my travel insurance?

Only seeing this now Sheesh- wow, hope you're ok?! And I hope you're getting it sorted through your insurer, that must've been some shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Hope your alright.
    I can never understand why skiing is so popular. What is it about hurtling down the side of a mountain with 2 pieces of plastic attached to your feet, wearinga poorly made Aldi brand ski suit that appeals to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭omicron

Hope your alright.
    I can never understand why skiing is so popular. What is it about hurtling down the side of a mountain with 2 pieces of plastic attached to your feet, wearinga poorly made Aldi brand ski suit that appeals to people?

Have you ever tried it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Hope your alright.

Living.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hope your alright.

Probably a similar appeal that some people find in being a troll?

Now I'm not calling anyone a troll, just pointing out some people get their amusement in different ways ;)

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Hope your alright.

How dare you! I only wear the finest products that TK maxx and Kildare Village (handy stop off on the way to Dublin airport) supply.

• Advertisement

fannymagee wrote: »
    Only seeing this now Sheesh- wow, hope you're ok?! And I hope you're getting it sorted through your insurer, that must've been some shock!

thanks! more disappointing/embarrassing than anything else :o

getting it sorted now

Hope your alright.

Skis/boards, are not made of plastic, and Aldi don't do their own branded ski suits. As for your understanding only you know the answer to that

cnocbui wrote: »
    Living.

Quickly followed by dying or life altering physical injuries!

Fattes wrote: »
    Skis/boards, are not made of plastic, and Aldi don't do their own branded ski suits. As for your understanding only you know the answer to that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-plastic-skis-with-dual-carbide-runners-/291670634744
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/about-our-specialbuys/skiing

I'm no expert but I clearly know more about skiing than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

WELLL... I was watching 'How It's Made' (the nipper woke early this morning) and skis are, wood (ash) covered in fiberglass, aluminum, plastic at the ends and some metal along the edge. SO I think I'M actually the current expert in ski manufacturing. And Swiss watch making. And Alpine horn carving.

Also, why are you so bothered about it to go googling UK Aldi sites for snowgear? Are you concerned for our safety?

Highly unlikely sponsored bye one of the top ski manufacturers, work full time in the industry for 5 years! But sure I am confident you are in a better position to me.

Advertisement