Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Query on services provided Abroad

Options
  • 25-01-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a query relating to the above and I believe the VAT has been incorrectly
    applied.
    Situation is that a service has been provided by a firm of consultants who are based in Belgium. The service was also provided in Belgium. Their invoice to us here in Ireland was zero-rated i.e. no Belgian VAT.
    On receipt of invoice here in Ireland the educational establishment which acquired the service "self assessed" Irish VAT at 23% and duly paid this over to Irish Revenue.
    I do not think that this treatment is correct.
    Can anyone verify??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭nompere

VAT matters really require proper professional advice, but as a matter of principle B2B services are provided where the recipient has its place of business. If the place of business is Ireland then the recipient must self-account for Irish VAT.

Advertisement