Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Terenure (14,15,16,49 etc..)

Options
  • 24-01-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Rathmines at the moment but thinking of moving to Terenure. I get the bus from around the Garda Station in Rathmines each morning and I know exactly how long it takes me to get to town from there.

I was hoping someone living in Terenure could tell how long it takes to get from Terenure (the stops on Terenure Road East) down to the Garda Station in Rathmines? Is it a 5 minute job or is there a good bit of traffic on Terenure Road East & Rathgar Road in the mornings (~ 8.30am)

Also regarding the 16 and 49, could anyone tell me how long roughly they take to get to Georges Street/Dame Street (leaving ~8.30 am from Terenure Road north/Whitton Road)?

Just trying to work out how much this move would add to my commute. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

There is generally a choke point at Rathmines Garda station where the two streams of traffic merge
    From stop 1338 the 49 is always faster due to the long 16 diversion on scr

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Terenure to Rathmines is pretty fast as there is a bus lane pretty much all the way.
    The 16 takes twenty minutes to town on a standard day. It goes via SCR so it gets stuck on Aungier street. Busy periods can take a lot longer.
    The 49 to town only takes ten minutes on a standard day but is much more infrequent.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,563 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Accurate peak journey times (at 08:30) would be:

16 - Whitton Road to Central Bank - 35 minutes
    49 - Whitton Road to Central Bank - 25 minutes

15/15a - Terenure Rd East (Aldi) to Rathmines Garda Stn - 10-12 minutes
    15/15a - Terenure Rd East (Aldi) to Central Bank - 30 minutes

Off peak typical journey times would be:

16 - Whitton Road to Central Bank - 22 minutes
    49 - Whitton Road to Central Bank - 16 minutes

15/15a - Terenure Rd East (Aldi) to Rathmines Garda Stn - 7 minutes
    15/15a - Terenure Rd East (Aldi) to Central Bank - 22 minutes

Advertisement