Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m8s android device - please help :(

Options
  • 24-01-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I owned an Arctic Media Centre PC a few years ago with XBMC and I swore I'd never do another box like it as long as I lived cos of the bugs.

Anyway, know a few people with M8S android boxes so bought one myself yesterday and ready to throw it out the window.

It's one of these:

http://www.satworld.ie/m8s-android-tv-box-quad-core-android-4.4-kitkat.html

Basically, it's unuseable. It only comes with the standard remote. This is fine in 'remote mode'. But to actually select allot of stuff onscreen you have to select 'mouse' mode via a button which brings a cursor up. Then you use the directional buttons to move the cursor. This worked fine yesterday but today - no banana. The cursor doesn't budge. If you tap the left/right/up/down buttons it move a miniscule distance. So theoretically if you tapped it it would move across the screen. But we're talking crazy taps here - like in the hundreds to move across the screen.

I've gone into settings and change the mouse/cursor sensitivity up and down to no effect. I've tried to find an iOS (i've an iphone) app that would allow me to control the screen. Nothing.

Please help before I fire it out the window.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement