Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding drivers

Options
  • 24-01-2016 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Got a free computer off a freind today (Optiplex 320) and the integerated graphics were abyssimal so I went into my stockpile of PC parts and found a rather obscure card to fit in there. It's a Powercolour Radeon HD5450 512mb, not sure if DDR2 or 3. I'm looking for drivers but the manufacturers website appears to be down, can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Drivers are on the AMD website, never use manufacturers drivers as they will be horrifically out of date.

"manufacturer" drivers for video cards are just the AMD/Nvidia drivers that were available at the time of release burned onto a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Drivers are on the AMD website, never use manufacturers drivers as they will be horrifically out of date.

"manufacturer" drivers for video cards are just the AMD/Nvidia drivers that were available at the time of release burned onto a CD.

I just installed the latest Catalyst suite for windows 7 and it works great, thanks for the help

Advertisement