Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s2 tab and big letdown connecting to TV via cable

Options
  • 24-01-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

So I got a Galaxy S2 tab for Christmas and while it's pretty good on thing has been a huge letdown. One of the main things I wanted from it was to be able to connect it to the TV via a cable to watch films and TV shows .However with the tablet it will display the screen on the TV for me but the picture is small in the middle of the TV taking up around only 40% of the screen in total, the rest of it is a black box surrounding the picture.

I've tried messing with the display and aspect ratio on the TV but nothing gets it quite right. I've used a succession of Samsung phones with cables over the years and never have had a single problem, it's usually perfect.

Has any insights into what might help or have I bought a dud when it comes to watching on the TV?

I have a Chromecast btw but the particular thing I want to watch doesn't have Chromecast support and that often happens I find. My Castscreen option on Chromecast also casts it as a little box in the black tv screen rather than a fill screen picture. Chromecast apps cast fullscreen though.

Advertisement