Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd sound from watch help

Options
  • 24-01-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

The watch is a nomos orion bought a couple of weeks back directly from nomos. The watch is making these ding ding noises alongside the normal ticks of the movement. It repeats every second and from memory this is not suppose to be there.
    I know its a long stretch, but would anyone know what would be the likely cause?
    Nomos have been nonexistent in replying to emails.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

shuyin1 wrote: »
    The watch is a nomos orion bought a couple of weeks back directly from nomos. The watch is making these ding ding noises alongside the normal ticks of the movement. It repeats every second and from memory this is not suppose to be there.
    I know its a long stretch, but would anyone know what would be the likely cause?
    Nomos have been nonexistent in replying to emails.

Not a lot to go on from your mail. Is it keeping good time? How close is the watch to your ear to be able to hear? If it is keeping good time and you have to put your ear up close to the watch and this is infact just a change in the pitch of the tick then it could be caused by the acoustic properties of the case.

If it is not keeping time or you can hear the noise from a couple of feet away then I'd say you should return.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Not a lot to go on from your mail. Is it keeping good time? How close is the watch to your ear to be able to hear? If it is keeping good time and you have to put your ear up close to the watch and this is infact just a change in the pitch of the tick then it could be caused by the acoustic properties of the case.

If it is not keeping time or you can hear the noise from a couple of feet away then I'd say you should return.

It's always there but only audible if you are close enough. It doesn't generate enough sound to be heard far away (bit louder than the tick tick tick of the movement).
    Time keeping wise it's around +15s a day which is a bit mad for this model as they're known for quite accurate times. I'm gonna try to organise for Nomos to have a look at it but it's so hard to get a response from them.
    It's such a lovely watch otherwise, such a shame it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

I agree, I think +15s a day is a bit mad for any new watch. Hope it works out well for you.

Advertisement