Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Golden Eagles been spotted out of Glenveagh?

Options
  • 23-01-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I'm by no means a bird expert so bare with me. I'm from between mid and south Donegal. We have a high variety of wildlife about the area, including several birds of prey. I was looking out my window this morning when I spotted a very large bird. It looked brown and was circling the hill across from ours. We have a Peregrine and a pair of Buzzards living in the area, so I'm fairly sure it wasn't one of them. The Peregrine would be much too small anyway. The bird I seen seemed bigger than the sheep below it.

Is there any chance it could have been a Golden Eagle? Or what else could it have been? Whatever it was, it was incredible to watch!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm by no means a bird expert so bare with me. I'm from between mid and south Donegal. We have a high variety of wildlife about the area, including several birds of prey. I was looking out my window this morning when I spotted a very large bird. It looked brown and was circling the hill across from ours. We have a Peregrine and a pair of Buzzards living in the area, so I'm fairly sure it wasn't one of them. The Peregrine would be much too small anyway. The bird I seen seemed bigger than the sheep below it.

Is there any chance it could have been a Golden Eagle? Or what else could it have been? Whatever it was, it was incredible to watch!

Could have possibly been a golden eagle or even one of the sea eagles, they've been spotted all around the country.

I spotted one of the golden eagles in mayo a few years ago, I wasn't sure but when I reported it on the golden eagle trust's website they were able to confirm it s it the bird had a gps tracker on it.

My advice would be to report the sighting on their website here: http://www.goldeneagletrust.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=809&Itemid=199

Advertisement