Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering lab report

• 22-01-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

I'm a mature student and I have to submit a lab report soon. Iv no idea what a lab report should contain.
    It for engineering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

It's neither today nor yesterday that I was in college but from what I remember:
    Executive Summary (key finding(s))
    Introduction (brief outline of what you're doing/ why)
    Objectives (what you want to test/ prove/ disprove)
    Procedure (how you plan to carry out the work)
    Results (the results you recorded)
    Analysis (your calculations based on your results and how it compares to your objectives; sources/ explanations of error; deviations from stated procedure)
    Conclusions (what inferences you can draw from your analysis)

It might only be a simple tensile test but the structure should be the same for a small or large body of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

It's neither today nor yesterday that I was in college but from what I remember:
    Executive Summary (key finding(s))
    Introduction (brief outline of what you're doing/ why)
    Objectives (what you want to test/ prove/ disprove)
    Procedure (how you plan to carry out the work)
    Results (the results you recorded)
    Analysis (your calculations based on your results and how it compares to your objectives; sources/ explanations of error; deviations from stated procedure)
    Conclusions (what inferences you can draw from your analysis)

It might only be a simple tensile test but the structure should be the same for a small or large body of work.

Thanks, never written one before. At least I can show my attempt to the lecturer before I submit it.

Advertisement