Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holly Blight!

Options
  • 22-01-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

My poor Holly (Golden King) is getting destroyed by what appears to be Holly Blight. :( I have shown it in the picture attached. It is spreading pretty quickly and does so more in the wet weather. Cork has had record rainfall these last few months so I fear this has provoked it.

I have noticed quite a few Hollies in my area being affected and have attached a picture of one in a green area about 300 metres from my home.

Has anyone any experience with this disease and any advice that could help save this tree. It was planted in 1979 and is between 25-30ft and apart from the blight was/is a lovely specimen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement