Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKNY Wool Suits from €50

Options
  • 21-01-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

See here. Spotted on HUKD

Bought a couple myself. Sizes are for the jacket. Waist size will be 6 inches shorter. Note that the trousers will come with long legs that will likely need to be hemmed / taken up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Not sure DKNY suits retail (RRP) for less than €800. these looks super fake. Has anyone used flannel before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sports-direct-buys-loss-making-flannels-for-a-nominal-sum-7939635.html

Mike Ashley's Sports Direct has agreed to buy a controlling stake in the Manchester-based fashion chain Flannels.

Flannels, which sells designer brands including Dolce & Gabbana, Paul Smith and Burberry, has nine shops in Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham. Last year it entered a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) and restructured the business, closing some of its shops.

It is thought Sports Direct is paying a nominal sum as the company is still loss-making. Flannels, which was founded in 1976 by Neil Prosser in Knutsford, Cheshire, completed its CVA last month. Its most recent accounts show that the business made a £310,450 loss last year. Mr Prosser is thought to be staying with the chain.

Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd
    Admin Organization: SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd
    Admin Street: Brook Park
    Admin Street: Meadow Lane
    Admin City: Shirebrook, Mansfield
    Admin State/Province: Nottinghamshire
    Admin Postal Code: NG20 8RY
    Admin Country: GB - See more at: http://www.enom.com/whois/flannels-com.html#sthash.umAlkZhQ.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

See here. Spotted on HUKD

Bought a couple myself. Sizes are for the jacket. Waist size will be 6 inches shorter. Note that the trousers will come with long legs that will likely need to be hemmed / taken up.

So where the jkt says 40(50) what's all than mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

vicwatson wrote: »
    So where the jkt says 40(50) what's all than mean ?

The 40 is the chest size in inches as far as I can see while the number in brackets is the european size (click on the size guide when you go in to look at a suit).

Very long trousers on one suit I was looking at. Suit is a Medium 40(50) while the suggested inside leg of the trousers on a 38 suit is 92cm (all they give) is over 3 foot/36 inches :eek: No mention of waist size either. Not exactly your average build. Not for me, though for the price I guess you can't complain too much if you can find one that fits :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kop Idol wrote: »
    the suggested inside leg of the trousers on a 38 suit is 92cm (all they give) is over 3 foot/36 inches :eek:

Nothing wrong with a 36 inside leg; I've a few pairs of what I called 'square jeans' that are 36/36.

Mike Ashley seems to sublicence brands as well as having lots he owns outright so I'd be a little suspect of quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Very long trousers on one suit I was looking at. Suit is a Medium 40(50) while the suggested inside leg of the trousers on a 38 suit is 92cm (all they give) is over 3 foot/36 inches :eek: No mention of waist size either. Not exactly your average build. Not for me, though for the price I guess you can't complain too much if you can find one that fits :)

Answers to all this in original post.
    6" drop from chest to waist standard in pretty much all suits, so much so it's not often mentioned.
    Suit trousers are often sold unfinished, so they can be hemmed to the exact correct length, turn-ups added etc. by your tailor rather than relying on arbitary standard lengths. Probably around €12 to have them properly shortened in an alterations place, unless you know someone handy with a sewing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You never wear a suit of the rack anyway if people are wondering. You have to get them fitted to you otherwise they will look shocking. You will make a 100 euro suit look like a 2k suit.

Myself i cant buy them suits as i am a 38 jacket as shoulders are big but i need to get a 28 inch bottoms and 34 inch leg ha ha.

Only place i can buy a proper suit is Top man, River Island and Ted baker as you can mix and match the suits there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You never wear a suit of the rack anyway if people are wondering. You have to get them fitted to you otherwise they will look shocking. You will make a 100 euro suit look like a 2k suit.

Myself i cant buy them suits as i am a 38 jacket as shoulders are big but i need to get a 28 inch bottoms and 34 inch leg ha ha.

Only place i can buy a proper suit is Top man, River Island and Ted baker as you can mix and match the suits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭dodzy

I think yis all missed post #3 by CH. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

got mine today - well chuffed, nice quality and for the price.. Great deal!

Possibly a misprice too - all the prices are back to just half-ish price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pelliott

I got one today an drought it to a Taylor to make the jacket fit perfectly so happy with my new suits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

What did you need tailored and how much did it cost for the jacket? Would like to get a little length taken off the sleeves

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Earn up to

6.5% @ Quibco

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Earn up to

6.5% @ Quibco

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pelliott

What did you need tailored and how much did it cost for the jacket? Would like to get a little length taken off the sleeves

I got the jacket taken in on the sides and the trousers length sorted all for just €27 at an old Taylor in Swords. All the rain air staff get their suits fixed there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

pelliott wrote: »
    I got one today an drought it to a Taylor to make the jacket fit perfectly so happy with my new suits

Denis?

Advertisement