Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I thank, please?

Options
  • 21-01-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

For the hardworking techies who worked so hard to get boards back. THANK YOU!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think you're in the right forum here Graces7 'cause it must have been a sh1tstorm for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great that boards.ie is back, Ive been a member since before this was known as boards.ie when it was initially set up as a Quake forum! I think it was called cloud.ie or quake.ie back in the day! so the past week without access to boards was very strange.

Lets hope the idiots who caused the ddos attacks are caught, I just don't understand why people do these sort of attacks, similar attacks happened to the Playstation Network about a year ago, its very annoying.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

From talking to a few people that are well up on this, the scenario is that this DDOS affected a number of other sites besides boards, and I don't think it's an accident that the Lottery site is on a somewhat similar IP address to boards, and they too were down for a while.

Then there were problems with Twitter. It's unfortunately very possible that this wasn't a bored kiddie attack, but a very carefully crafted and targeted criminal activity, and we were just caught in the middle.

The fact that it's not been possible to get access to sensible weather information for a number of days is only coincidental, I suspect that a lot of people have been very much inconveniences by what's been happening this week.

Hopefully, the Boards team have been able to put some robust mitigation in place for the future, a repeat any time soon will NOT be welcome

And yes, a very big WELL DONE to all concerned, I suspect that they will all sleep a little more comfortably tonight, the changes do at last seem to have got things stable again.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Welcome back everyone!
    There are still some minor ongoing issues (duplicate/triplicate posts etc) but hopefully everyone can log in and post again now.

OP, you can leave a thank you for the Tech Staff who have been working round-the-clock for the last 5 days in this thread in Feedback
    Likewise, any ongoing issues, comments etc are best posted there where the tech & office staff will see them so closing this one.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement