Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i3 Smart home and IFTTT

Options
  • 20-01-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

So BMW has added support for Samsung Smartthings to the i3.
    I have an existing smartthings install (it's only about €100 for a hub to get started). So if you have the smartthings app on a device with BMW Connected it now shows up in the iDrive system and you can control your alarms, door locks, lights and garage door directly from you iDrive. You also get notifications if the alarm is triggered or smoke/leaks are detected.

Transport-Evolved-SmartThings-BMW-i3-700x394.jpg

BMW are pushing out an update to connecteddrive in the next few weeks that will allow smartthings to read battery/charging/windows/doors status, trigger charging/preconditioning and vehicle location/geofencing.

Also added is direct integration between connecteddrive and IFTTT. I've added a few recipes already:
    2mzyz2h.png

Comments

Advertisement