Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann - Stops & pickups route 23 Dublin to Sligo

Options
  • 20-01-2016 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭

OK, following on about my previous rant that the Dublin to Sligo Bus has no Toilet on it my lad who travels on route 23 regularly came up with another gem yesterday for me to rant about.

apparently, if I have grasped this right now, on its route there is some stops it will Pick up passengers.... but wont let passengers get off at that stop! - what the hell is all that about? , its got to stop anyway to pick up the passengers, so why wont it let anyone get off?!

yeah he also said something like if if you get on a route 23 bus from Busarás will stop at Lucan & let passengers on but will not let people off!

What is this all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OK, following on about my previous rant that the Dublin to Sligo Bus has no Toilet on it my lad who travels on route 23 regularly came up with another gem yesterday for me to rant about.

apparently, if I have grasped this right now, on its route there is some stops it will Pick up passengers.... but wont let passengers get off at that stop! - what the hell is all that about? , its got to stop anyway to pick up the passengers, so why wont it let anyone get off?!

yeah he also said something like if if you get on a route 23 bus from Busarás will stop at Lucan & let passengers on but will not let people off!

What is this all about?

It is not licensed to do so.

There are alternative local services to/from Dublin Airport (airport hopper) and to/from Dublin City (Dublin Bus) which are designed for local users and are much more frequent.

The Bus Eireann Expressway service is designed to facilitate passengers travelling to/from Mullingar and points west.

It's not a city bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What is this all about?

I am sure you would be on here ranting quick enough if your lad was unable to board at Busaras 'cause the bus was full of people going to Lucan.

Long distance services blocking short distance passengers from boarding where they have alternative services to use is a very sensible concept that I would have thought even the most dense bystander could understand, particularly those who use the long distance services who would be inconvenienced otherwise.

Advertisement