Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Time Applying For CAO, Help!

Options
  • 18-01-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, it's my first time applying to the CAO and I think I need some help.

I was just wondering that when you logged out and have filled in your details, does that mean your application has been submitted? I got a receipt sent to my e-mail address. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I honestly have no clue as to how this works and don't want to f*** it up.

Also, are people automatically assessed for free fees or do you have to apply somewhere? And if I qualify for free fees, can I apply to susi for the student contribution charge? I know this is all based on income. I don't live with my parents but I do live with my aunt.

Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Will55555

As far as I remember anything you enter is saved but not actually submitted to the CAO until you actually hit the submit button so you can go back and complete it when you are ready. In regards to funding you apply to SUSI for the fees or a grant or both depending on your circumstances. There are some documents on the SUSI website and questions you can answer that will tell you what you can apply for based on your circumstances. The student contribution fee for Maynooth is about 100 Euro and SUSI doesn't cover that cost for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

But there is no submit button. My CAO app account says underneath that all information has been submitted to the CAO. It also says on the faq, that there is no need to finalise your application as information will be assessed by college with data available during assessment period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

But there is no submit button. My CAO app account says underneath that all information has been submitted to the CAO. It also says on the faq, that there is no need to finalise your application as information will be assessed by college with data available during assessment period.

That's correct, there's no submit button, each time you update/save information on the application it's automatically sent to the CAO, I wondered about this too 'til I rang the CAO and they confirmed that my application was received.

Advertisement