Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G Antenna or Fibre Broadband??

Options
  • 18-01-2016 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello everyone,
    I live in Rahan which is about 10km outside Tullamore,currently I get download speeds of 15mb with the typical **** upload of 0.6, my area is supposed to be getting fibre enabled January to March, I live 587 meters from the cabinet as the crow flies. I am a gamer and due to **** upload speeds I often have to use my phone as a hotspot to stream, (I have unlimited 4g with 3) I am wondering what kind of speeds I should be getting if Fibre is enabled, I'm fairly certain we're gonna get it soon as there is a bunch of new telegram wires put up in the last few months in my area.
    My main question is if I don't get Fibre soon would it be possible to get a 4g antenna ? To get 3bars 4g I gotta leave my phone on the windowsill in my room which is upstairs, I was wondering is there any kind of antenna I could put on my roof where I would easilyget fullbars 4g that could carry signal down into my room?
    Thanks and please reply
    Sound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Hello everyone,
    I live in Rahan which is about 10km outside Tullamore,currently I get download speeds of 15mb with the typical **** upload of 0.6, my area is supposed to be getting fibre enabled January to March, I live 587 meters from the cabinet as the crow flies. I am a gamer and due to **** upload speeds I often have to use my phone as a hotspot to stream, (I have unlimited 4g with 3) I am wondering what kind of speeds I should be getting if Fibre is enabled, I'm fairly certain we're gonna get it soon as there is a bunch of new telegram wires put up in the last few months in my area.
    My main question is if I don't get Fibre soon would it be possible to get a 4g antenna ? To get 3bars 4g I gotta leave my phone on the windowsill in my room which is upstairs, I was wondering is there any kind of antenna I could put on my roof where I would easilyget fullbars 4g that could carry signal down into my room?
    Thanks and please reply
    Sound

The 19th Century called and want their technology back!!! ;)

As for 4G solutions, you can see some in this thread in the midband forum. There are others there too, so have a search through it.

Advertisement