Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens white cableknit jumpers

Options
  • 17-01-2016 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any idea where I can pick up a white/cream/off-white-ish cable knit jumper? I'm trying to replace one that I already have that is a bit small for me now. They seem to be a really rare colour in mens jumpers which is a pity because with a light blue shirt underneath it's a look that I really love. I have the kind of pale skin that would make Casper look tan and reddish-brown hair so the only jumper colours that really suit me are green, cream and navy at a push.

Basic criteria:

- must be a crew neck, preferably with a cable knit but plain is fine also.
    - in a fine gauge wool like merino. Not a fan of the big chunky wool/Aran style jumpers. If I have no other option I might go for cotton but merino/cashmere would be my preference.
    - Not from one of the mainstream/high street stores. Nothing against them but their idea of an extra large seems to be about a 44" chest which is miles too small for my fairly generous frame.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ireland's Eye is a lovely brand for what you're looking for. Their merino wool is very nice quality and they do some great blends with small amounts of cashmere too. http://www.irelandseyeonline.com/collection/autumn-winter-2015/catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There's a store on Nassau Street (name escapes me) that does all that kind of stuff. Tourist central, but you'll probably pick up a nice jumper.

You might get one in the likes of Hilfiger but not sure if they'll do the cream / white you were looking for.

Advertisement