Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photographer

Options
  • 17-01-2016 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello happy Boards community,

I'm looking for a photographer for my wedding on the 6th of May in Cellbridge.
    A plus would be that the photographer speaks a little french as we have many guests coming from there ( as we're french ). I was wondering if one of you might be interested and if we could hear about your pricing in PM ?
    Some more info :
    - We would not require an album.
    - We'd like a minimum of about 200-250 photos ( no portal required, a simple link to download the zip file will do just fine ).
    - Some funny pictures with accessories in the evening.

Thanks!

Marie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MarieHoel

500 Euros

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

MarieHoel wrote: »
    500 Euros

I've never heard of wedding photographers being priced that low. I actually don't think I've heard of anything less than €1200 for the day, but there might be some available around the €1000 mark if anyone here knows of any. If €500 is a firm budget, I'd say you'd be better off to ask a friend with a decent camera to take the pictures for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You could strike lucky with someone starting out offering lower rates in order to build up a portfolio but I don't know how you'd find someone like that (I did it here on boards last year, maybe someone else in a similar boat will spot the thread) and if you did, you're gambling if they are any good or not (potentially a wasted €500). As Faith said too, do you know anyone who's handy with a camera who'd be willing to do it? Again, total risk doing this as they are not a pro and you need to go into that situation with expectations set on both sides.

BTW, saying things like "we don't want an album" and "we only want 200-250 photos" doesn't equate to a bargain deal on a photographer. Most photographers will offer an album as an extra cost anyway and dictating how many photos you want does not really affect the photographers task... i.e. he/she is not going to reach 200 photos mid-ceremony and say "right, that's the quota filled, time to clock out". They will be there working all day (you say you want photos in the evening so this is a full day shoot you want). Granted, the number of photos to edit afterwards is less which will cut down on editing time.

Good luck finding a photographer. I'd consider stretching your budget if you can (and if the photography is important to you). You could try post in the photography forum here too (in the "photography services requested" sticky thread), just leave out the "incentives" of no album and only 200-250 photos. They are not attractive conditions and just send a message that you're not bothered about the photography and it's an afterthought hiring a photographer at all.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

As Faith and Bacchus said, you'll probably struggle to find a decent wedding photographer for that price. Here is the link to the Photography forum, you might get lucky there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MarieHoel

Thanks all for your answers, I finally found a photographer for more less my budget thanks to your suggestions !

Advertisement