Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for Biopsy results from Hermitage Clinic

Options
  • 17-01-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'd a colonoscopy in The Hermitage clinic yesterday. As I was a bit sedated when I was leaving I forgot to ask how long I'd be waiting for the biopsy results.
    Has anyone had that procedure there recently? How long did it take to get the results?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

I don't know what the Hermitage's turnaround is, however the National Protocol is that the patient should have the results within 10 (working) days.

Having said that, I was waiting 9 weeks for my results (in a different hospital) two years ago :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

Hey,

I have an apt to get colonscopy results on the 10th of May, procedure carried out on 22 March . I remember the doctor coming to me afterwards and talking inflammation afterwards and they took biopsies... If your colonscopy results are clear , would they just send you a letter or send results to doctor. I assume that if there was a serious issue they would bring you in quicker than 8 weeks later... My question I suppose is how long is wait and if you have an actual follow up apt is there an issue ? my blood tests showed up clear so not overly concerned.

Advertisement