Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One M7 just died

Options
  • 17-01-2016 5:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Left phone on charge and powered on as usual overnight, this morning it was powered off and not a kick out of it since, tried everything suggested online, 4 different chargers,not a kick out of it, don't think its in warranty anymore, any ideas appreciated.
    It was fine yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Have you tried a hard reset yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Same thing happened my Galaxy S4 mini the other day, any suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have you tried a hard reset yet?

Device is dead, nothing at all happening,holding volume down and power button the normal procedure does nothing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Check the charging port on the phone. A bit of dirt may have gotten in preventing you from charging.

Yeah tried that with a can of compressed air, its looking like its a write off at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah tried that with a can of compressed air, its looking like its a write off at this stage.

You mean the battery is a write off surely?
    A m7 would probably be needing a new battery around now I would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

My Gf had this issue with the battery for her S3 mini.

She brought it to one of the shops on Moore street and a guy sold her a seperate battery charger for €10 that did the trick. The phone is usable now but will never charge normally again.

It sounds like a battery issue but get it looked at before you write it off. Even if its only a short term fix, that can still be very useful in terms of getting a backup of photos/numbers etc.

In terms of a replacement I recently went from a M8 to Vodafone Smart Ultra which I'm very impressed by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Same thing happened to my m7 my charging port was damaged. I couldn't even turn it on to try anything to fix it. I brought it to a place on Abbey St in Dublin they fixed it for about 60 Euro (well known place I just can't think of the name). If you are due an upgrade I would go with that though your m7 must be a few years old now at this stage and who knows what they will find and what will happen next it would be cheaper to just get one in warranty. The m8s is available without any upfront payment from most networks, m9 for a small payment.

I thought of that guys but its a sealed unit, no access to change battery, sucks I know.
    Theres a decent repair store in Newbridge ill drop over to them before I give up totally.

Thanks everyone.

edit :

Then again if I got it repaired as mentioned god knows what will happen next, it must be 3 years old at this stage.
    I'm currently with emobile 5GB data unlimited texts and mins for €24 pm no contract, phone is/was unlocked to any network,
    Are there any similar deals out there , any suggestions, at this stage a new phone might be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Try this first! Hold down power and volume buttons together for THREE whole minutes whilst plugged in to charger. This apparently re calibrated my battery, and my phone revived! I thought my phone was dead too until I tried this. Can't hurt to try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement