Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steinhart gaining time

Options
  • 17-01-2016 3:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

After what I can only image was an AoC (act of child), my steinhart ocean one GMT took a trip to the floor and now seems to be running about 3-5 seconds fast - per minute!
    Any suggestions before I send it on holiday to Germany?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd let it wind down M, in case it causes any more damage. Could be anything, might only need a service. Hopefully that's the case anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

There was a thread a while ago about a Seiko running fast. The coils of the balance spring got stuck together or twisted. The OP got it sorted locally.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057529127

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yeah, as Wibbs said, I would be letting it run down and getting it looked at. There is something wrong inside and it is extremely unlikely to solve it'self!
    Get it looked at and fingers crossed it is nothing too serious. Could just be something slightly out of kilter and easily fixed/rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mine has been running 12s slow/day since the factory...pain in the a$$

Advertisement