Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD student caller

Options
  • 17-01-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a first year in UCD and was thinking about applying to be a student caller. Just wondering what anyone else's experiences are with being a student caller. What's it like an would you recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

granter wrote: »
    I'm a first year in UCD and was thinking about applying to be a student caller. Just wondering what anyone else's experiences are with being a student caller. What's it like an would you recommend it?

I've also applied! Let me know how it goes for you. My roommate did it two years in a row. The first time they weren't monitored/judged on commission so she could hang up on people who verbally abused her, but the second time their success rates etc. were monitored and she wasn't raising enough money (she got assigned to a list of old cranky people :/ ) so she got fired/asked to resign. This Spring campaign is only 6 weeks so not enough time to get fired even if you don't raise that much money I reckon.

In terms of experience she said it was your typical calling centre job = soul-sucking. But I like the flexibility and it'll give me something to paddle the "customer service" part of my CV!

OH and for the group interview - try to show initiative BUT don't overshadow/speak over other candidates. Show you work well in a team and don't need to be "top dog" to do well.

Best of luck with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

As far as I know, these days they don't rank you on how much you get pledged. They do however pay attention to how you behave when calling.

Advertisement