Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant refused, help

Options
  • 17-01-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi all
    looking for some help, advice, novenas, anything please. just checked my online tracker which has the dreaded grant refused on it.
    No letter to say why and obviously nobody there to ask today.
    Have I any options besides dropping out. In the middle of exams at the moment so stressed is not the word.
    I don't know reason for refusal yet, they kept requesting paperwork i had sent previously over and over. the last one was for proof or residency over the last 5 years. sent in bank statements etc and was refused in the last few days.
    Help, anyone have this before?
    I was only looking for help with the fees as on btea already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Have you applied as a mature independent student or dependent upon your parents?

Have you been resident in Ireland 3 of the last 5 years?

Very hard to answer with very little details unfortunately.

Have you any previous education?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Independant mature student.
    Always been a resident
    Previous education leval 5 last year, no prior entry into third leval

spygirl wrote: »
    Independant mature student.
    Always been a resident
    Previous education leval 5 last year, no prior entry into third leval

What course have you entered this year?

When did you move into your own residence?
    How old were you on January 1st 2015?

Leval 8
    residance years ago
    old

Unfortunately you will have to wait for the letter of refusal to determine why.

You can then seek further advice as I cannot ask all the questions about every part of your application.

Sup08

• Advertisement

Actually I think i asked the original question, ie can I appeal etc which what I was looking for. Thanks for trying, I think

spygirl wrote: »
    Actually I think i asked the original question, ie can I appeal etc which what I was looking for. Thanks for trying, I think

Yes. You can appeal the decision of the officer. This goes to an appeals officer in SUSI who looks at your application.
    If you are unsuccessful with your appeal, you can refer your application to the Student Grants Appeals Board (SGAB) and if the outcome here is unsatisfactory, you can then refer your case to the Ombudsmans Office.

Thank you. That's what I was looking for

Advertisement