Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear Cached Data

Options
  • 17-01-2016 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭

My mother is running out of storage space even though she doesn't use her Moto E for much more than calls, light browsing and WhatsApp. There's an option in Storage to clear cached data, this will free up 1.5 gigs, which seems high to me, anyone know what exactly this will do? Will she lose all her logins, history etc? Saved games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thargor wrote: »
    My mother is running out of storage space even though she doesn't use her Moto E for much more than calls, light browsing and WhatsApp. There's an option in Storage to clear cached data, this will free up 1.5 gigs, which seems high to me, anyone know what exactly this will do? Will she lose all her logins, history etc? Saved games?

I regularly clear cache when it builds up without losing anything. Not sure about browsing history though.

Games and stuff are stored in app data, clearing cache will not remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah tried it myself and got 3 GB back with no ill effects so I did hers aswell, one to keep an eye on...

Advertisement